Food for Thought
The Food for Thought program is designed to give sponsors the opportunity to present their products and services to area professionals. All you have to do is get us the program information, provide food for attendees the day of the meeting, and present your program. We handle the rest!
What do I need to do to offer a Food for Thought Program?
- Determine a date for your program. Remember, it doesn't necessarily have to be a lunch program - you can plan a breakfast or happy hour as well!
- Decide on a location. The Center for Architecture and Design (CfAD) can be used at no charge. Contact Tanja Bean at email@example.com to inquire about availability.
- Submit a Continuing Education Planning Form including three learning objectives to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 4 weeks prior to your program to allow us sufficient time to get credits approved and opportunity to market your program. The AIA Continuing Education Provider Toolkit is a great source of information for those interested in offering continuing education credits.
- Provide us with a bio for each presenter.
- Provide lunch for attendees the day of the program. We will take registrations and give you the number as we get closer to the event and confirm 2 to 3 days prior for your lunch order.
Once we receive the information from you, we do the rest.....
- Get continuing education credits approved through AIA
- Market and promote your program
- Manage the registration process
- Submit for credits for member attendees after the program
- Issue certificates of completion for non-member upon request
Our company is planning a program of interest to architects, will AIA Triangle help get the word out?
Yes! As a sponsor, we are happy to include information about your company programs and events free of charge in our weekly Friday Facts email newsletter. Kindly submit your content no later than Wednesday at 8:00 pm to email@example.com to be included in Friday Facts.
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Can we sponsor other AIA Triangle events or programs?
Yes! The AIA Triangle Golf Tournament and CANstruction signature events provide additional opportunities for exposure to our members.
As part of their sponsorship benefits, Platinum and Gold level sponsors are afforded the opportunity to sponsor one continuing education event. Contact Tanja Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on upcoming continuing education programs.
What is Allied Membership?
As an AIA Triangle Sponsor, you are considered a member! This means you are allotted a certain number of Allied Memberships based on your sponsorship level. Allied Membership allows representatives of your organization the opportunity to attend a wide range of AIA Triangle programs and events at member rates (often free.) Your organization receives the same amount of tickets to the sponsorship appreciation events including the Design Awards, Tour of Residential Architecture, and Fall Membership Meeting.
How many Allied Memberships are awarded for each sponsorship level?
- Platinum: Six (6) Allied Memberships/Event Tickets
- Gold: Four (4) Allied Memberships/Event Tickets
- Silver: Two (2) Allied Memberships/Event Tickets
- Bronze: One (1) Allied Membership/Event Ticket
What can I do to get involved?
In order to get the most out of your sponsorship, we encourage you to become involved in a Task Force or volunteer at an event or program. We also encourage you to attend any of the many events or programs held throughout the year. Involvement in AIA Triangle Task Forces is an excellent opportunity to personally get to know our members, their business and firms. Contact Tanja Bean at email@example.com for information on current opportunities to get involved.
Do you offer discounted sponsor rates?
Yes! For sponsors who cover both the Triangle and Charlotte areas (2/3 of the state's membership), a price break is given when sponsoring both sections at either the Platinum or Gold level. More information on co-sponsorship opportunities: HERE