Mission of PreK-12 Educational Outreach
The PreK-12 Education Outreach Task Force is committed to engaging the community and being visible and involved in the schools and at events in the Triangle region. The task force promotes awareness of the profession and the impact architecture has on the world to the children who will shape our future. The task force welcomes volunteers of all ages and with many different passions for children and education. We welcome requests from teachers and educators all over the Triangle, so please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions and educational needs.
PreK-12 Activities include:
- Classroom presentations (lectures, hands-on activities, design assistance for school projects, etc)
- Presence at local community events
- ScaleUP Design Activity
- Book donation program
- Participation in career fairs
- Providing resources to educators and classrooms
- STEM activities for children with disabilities
Interested in getting involved or learning more?
Contact task force chair, Emmie Tyson, AIA at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about the task force, upcoming activities, and opportunities to get involved. Participation is open to all AIA Triangle members including Allied Members. Prospective members are invited to learn more.