ACTIVATE is a program of the American Institute of Architects North Carolina supporting architects, designers, and citizens who want to start dialogues and projects that improve our cities and neighborhoods.
Help communities across the state bring together diverse groups who want to actively shape the future.
Whether it's a small physical installation or a design-built project, we help inspire people to implement solutions and create opportunities.
Activate North Carolina sponsors competitions throughout the year.
Activate North Carolina works to build connections between diverse groups who want to make a positive impact. We all have the power to improve our cities and neighborhoods. Architecture and design offer a way to approach challenges through a collaborative process. Complex issues can't be tackled alone. They're difficult and need the whole community engaged. Activate North Carolina helps Activate Triangle and other sections across the state host events, projects, and competitions to spark broad participation.
2017 Activate Application Process:
- ACTIVATE North Carolina has allocated $40,000 in 2017 to distribute among the seven components around the state ($10,000 more than in 2016.)
- The AIANC Activate Committee/ExComm evaluates the applications at their meeting (four days after each deadline listed below) and will contact the components within 7 to 10 days.
- There is a big emphasis on Architecture Month (April) and Archtober (October) and events in these months are strongly encouraged.
- 2017 Application Deadlines:
- April 28, 2017: Application to Tanja Bean for decision on May 22, 2017
- August 4, 2017 Application to Tanja Bean for decision on August 21, 2017
- September 29, 2017: Application to Tanja Bean for decision on October 23, 2017
- For more information about ACTIVATE visit their website: HERE