AIA Triangle's active task forces drive the programs, activities, and events across the Triangle and address the topics of interest important to members. Two key areas of focus for AIA Triangle task forces are public engagement and public interest.
Task forces focused on public engagement will create opportunities for members to serve the community by:
- Combining their professional expertise with career mentoring opportunities for students
- Creatively conveying the importance of good design to the general pubic
- Supporting selected community initiatives
Public engagement task force activities are:
- Devoted to community outreach by drawing the general public to our events and hosting outreach opportunities at community events, hosting a minimum of 4 annual events including activities such as: professional lectures, design charettes, design exhibits, and public engagement programs.
- Focused on working to educate elementary, middle and high school citizens of the virtues of the architecture profession and enable the talent and voice of design professionals to serve areas of need in our community through collaborative, design-focused events and informational programs.
- Dedicated to serve and support our local communities, strengthen networks between design professionals and enrich our practices through diverse cultural views by fostering participation in educational, professional and community-oriented programs.
Task forces focused on professional interest oversee independent operations of the interest-based groups within AIA Triangle. This includes recurring Task Forces which serve accreditation based services (such as ARE & AXP) as well as groups overseen by AIA Triangle but created by initiatives of AIA National (such as the Building Enclosure Council, Small Firm Roundtable, etc.). It also includes any additional groups which arise through the desire or necessity of the AIA Triangle Membership.
Professional interest task forces provide opportunities for members to share knowledge, experience and expertise found within the group, but they are also charged with providing continued training opportunities which are open to the wider membership.
Become involved in AIA Triangle
Interested in becoming involved in an AIA Triangle task force? Becoming active in the AIA Triangle provides the opportunity to meet and network with local members and business professionals with a shared common interest and passion. There are task forces that suit a broad range of interests and commitment levels. For more information, contact the chairperson listed on the task force information page or contact AIA Triangle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-463-0333.
CREATING A NEW TASK FORCE
AIA Triangle members are encouraged to start task forces that will enrich the AIA Triangle membership and the community. A Board member is necessary to sponsor the task force and this member will become the liaison to the Board. The New Task Force Application Form is to make sure that there is a need for the proposed task force with no overlap of existing task forces and that the proposed task force has a strategy in place to meet clearly defined objectives and goals. If you are interested, please complete the Committee Application Form and submit to email@example.com